In order to use Library computer's, patrons must agree to the following:
- The Library is committed to providing an environment free from sexual harassment. Do not display, send, receive or print text or graphics that may be reasonably construed as obscene on screens or printers.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the amount of time for individual user sessions on public computers.
- Computers may be turned off five (5) minutes prior to the Library's scheduled closing time.
- The Library reserves the right to require registration to use its computers.
- The Library reserves the right to charge for printing.
- The Internet workstations must be used in a responsible manner, respecting the rights of others, and taking care with use of the equipment.
- Computer and Internet settings may not be changed. Users may be charged for damage they cause to equipment.
- The workstations cannot be used for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose, including activities prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Downloaded files must be saved to portable storage devices and not to the computer's hard drive.
- Material on the Internet may be copyrighted. It is the responsibility of the user to be aware of the display of any notices concerning the copyright of the information on the Web and to respect the copyright laws of the United States.
Important User Information
No guarantee of privacy is made in regards to Internet access at the Library. Users are encouraged to review the security of any site before transmitting data. Any data transmitted may be unsecured and while in transit may be observed by a third party or directed to an alternate site.
Documents and records created on the Library’s computers that interact with other public entities are subject to the public records laws that pertain to those agencies. Such documents and records become public records of those agencies.